[Steppes] CALLING ALL SCANDINAVIANS!!!

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 13:09:08 PDT 2004

Greetings all,

For those who have never been to the Wooden Spoon's anniversary parties (where we participate through our demo), it should be noted that the shop is housed in one of the oldest houses in Plano, there is a gift shop (think 12th Night!), a Scandanavian food market (again, think 12th Night!), dancing and entertaining.  Upstairs, there are classrooms where you may see demonstrations (or static demos) of arts such as Rosmaling (sp?).  They also teach Finnish and Swedish language classes in these rooms throughout the year.

They have always had a hospitality room upstairs during this event where you can try out those Viking goodies.  Lutfisk anyone?  Just kidding!  However, they have Lefse treats, pickled herring (which is much better tasting than I had EVER expected), and sweetbreads.  If you are into Viking persona or have thought about trying it some day, this is a must for you!

Bren'ainn, count me in.  I plan to attend this year (barring any conflicts).  I hope to see many other Steppes members there!

YIS,
HL Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre

Bre'nainn / Noble <noble at delafyeld.com> wrote:
...Or anybody that is related to, know any, or might one day want to know any Scandinavians: a demo alert. On Sept 11th in Plano, the SCA, Barony of the Steppes, joins The Wooden Spoon Scandinavian Cultural Center in a celebration. Please start planning for this event all Artisans, Fighters, Dancers, Bards, and jus' plain folk. You are needed to meet with many people and show them what the SCA is and who we are and why it is so much fun!!! Bre'nain MacGilla Pa'traic, Steppes Demo Coordinator

He hammered and sang with tiny voice,
And sipped his mountain dew;
Oh! I laughed to think he was caught at last,
But the fairy was laughing, too.
ROBERT DWYER JOYCE, "The Leprechaun"

"Qui ne risque rien, n'a rien."

"Mieux vaut profiter tard,