[Steppes] Caroling at Candlelight

Giles Guthrie dkevinscott at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 18:10:49 PDT 2004

I am sensing a project in the making. A bawdy parody of "Gaudete" entitled "Gaude Te"?  All in latin, of course!  Now to find that old textbook and brush up on the language... MUHAHAHHAH!

Giles

Jann Mays <hlgabrielle at yahoo.com> wrote:
Giles,
French has that problem too. You have to be very careful how to use the verb "to enjoy." And, using a reflexive pronoun... well, yep, you know the rest. :D
Gabrielle

Giles Guthrie wrote:
careful with your latin, milady "Gaudete", the name of the song is a call for "everyone rejoice", while "Gaude te", with the space, comes dangerously close to "enjoy yourself"

keeping it family friendly,
Giles ;)

Susan Hill wrote:
Su-ure, but somehow I suspect it will sound a lot like Gaude te

Linet