[Steppes] Free Movies at Plano Angelika

Morgan Cain (Ret.) morgancain at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 9 06:37:38 PDT 2004

Just spreading the word - the new Angelika Cinema in Plano (at Legacy and the Tollway, near Cafe Express) is having a day of FREE movies (and FREE popcorn and FREE soda pop) on Monday, June 21st.  The showings are afternoon-only, starting between noon and 3:50pm, but if you have the time and are interested in independent film, go for it!  You can get more information by emailing meridethk at angelikafilmcenter.com for schedule etc.  There are posters all over up here and movies include "Bubba Ho-Tep," "Triplets of Belleville," and "Dirty Pretty Things."

I get occasional emails from people asking what I am doing now - just finished co-designing and supervising painting and dressing of the set for "The Trial of the Big Bad Wolf" at the Frisco Community Theatre.  This is the summer offering of the Children's Theatre of Frisco and shows are June 17-19 - www.friscocommunitytheatre.com for more information.

I'll be directing a Shakespeare play there next winter; if you're interested in auditioning or otherwise participating, you can get dates on the same website under "next season" or whatever Justin called it.

I'm helping with "Spider's Web" at www.roverdramawerks.com which runs late July through August, and needs a couple of male bit players if you're interested in portraying a butler or constable (lots of onstage time, not many lines)........

I'm also busy organizing some of the additional demos for Old City Park in Dallas, with a non-SCA Guild on whose Board I sit.  We're negotiating for space on 4th July and after that it will be November, most likely.  I also went and played at Scarby as a post-closing celebration for a play in May.  Settling in to a new job that requires entirely too much commuting.

Been giving the passport a workout as well, and pulling in frequent-flyer miles for USA-bound trips......

                                            ---= little Morgan