[Steppes] [Elfsea]Cuernavaca, "Harry Potter" , Highland Games, Boy Scouts. oh my!

Elaine Crittenden letebts at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 4 12:48:00 PDT 2004

When I used to go to Mexico--loooong ago---I got the dr. here to write me a
prescription for "Furoxona" and had it filled in Mexico. (Can't get it
here.)

Furoxona was a little brown pill that I took daily in the AM before
breakfast--with bottled water or "Cidral"--an applejuice-based sodapop.
(Watch out for the ice in drinks there! Learn to drink bottled water at room
temperature.) Furoxona's a preventative. I never got sick again. Usually
everyone was ok but me. I got sick all the time, til I started taking the
stuff.

If you have a pitcher of water in your room, take Halizone tablets (little
white ones from the camping-out stores here) and dissolve them in the water
20 minutes ahead of time, or whatever the box says. Clears out "nasties." Be
sure to cover the pitcher afterwards.

Watch out about getting water in your mouth from the shower head, too, as
well as water from the tap when you brush your teeth. Use the stuff from the
pitcher for brush water. Keep your toothbrush in its case when done.

I lived in the jungle area of the West Coast on an outranch of the
Ochoa-Mendoza ranches. Right in the middle of the cane fields on the West
coast of Mexico. The hamlet had one donkey, one horse and one van. Water was
rationed, since it was usually March when I went, just before the rainy
season. We could go to the village Pharmacia and actually buy ONE Band-aid!
Keeping from getting "turista" was an art form...  ;-)

Good luck,
Lete

>From: "Vicki Marsh" <xaraxene at comcast.net>
>To: "Barony of Steppes - SCA, Inc." <steppes at ansteorra.org>