[Steppes] Garb, free to good home

Maura Folsom jauncourt at verizon.net
Fri Jun 4 18:18:57 PDT 2004

Free to a good home, for someone who wants to start doing Late Period -
woman or girl's Elizabethan steel-boned corset, waist 27" bust 33.5"
(not including lacing allowance, which ought to be at least 1.5 inches
for the comfort of the wearer), side length is 8", front 12", back
10.5". Made for a small to medium busted young woman.

It spiral laces at the center back with a white lace that is sewn on. I
was about a size 9 or 10 when I wore it. Worn through 2 seasons at
Faire, not worn since I joined the SCA 8 years ago. Somewhat worn, needs
several new grommets and maybe a bit of other minor repair, but still
quite sturdy. Was made with straps but is now strapless.

Light blue cotton lined with white denim, bound and cased with BRIGHT
yellow upholstery binding. There is a bust supporting/cleavage making
push-up pillow whipstitched to the inside which can be easily removed if
the new owner desires. It is fully boned in front and lightly boned at
the back for a period silhouette. I also have the Very Basic farthingale
(muslin, matching binding, one row of stiffening) that went with it, but
I cannot vouch for it's usability.

I would donate this to Gold Key, but it's such a personal garment (it IS
underwear after all), and won't really be of use there without a gown to
go over it (which I no longer have).

If you are interested, please email me offlist to make arrangements.

Lady Marguerie de Jauncourt