[Steppes] Riding on the Storm-- The Day After Tomorrow

Catherine Sims arianne_steppes at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 13:37:37 PDT 2004

The problem I have with "The Day After Tomorrow" from what I've seen in
previews is that the science doesn't stack up.  It's sort of like the bit about
California falling off in the ocean.  Not going to happen!  California is going
to wind up in Canada because that's the way the plates are moving.

Just my bit of grumpiness (and yes, I was even worse about "Twister"!)
Arianne

--- Jann Mays <hlgabrielle at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, I like storm stories.  I don't think it's one topping the other, though.
>  I see it as a "no ****, there I was..." like SCA war stories.  Exciting and
> interesting.  During the SF and LA quakes, of the late 80's early 90's, there
> was a lot of it on the internet.
>
> By the way, the movie you mentioned was very well done and I don't think our
> storm stories quite measure up to the wicked problems the characters when
> through in the film.  I highly recommend the movie to anyone who hasn't seen
> it yet.
> ;)    Gab

=====
"I hate housework!  You make the beds, you do the dishes -- and six months later you have to start all over again."  -- Joan Rivers