[Steppes] Glaslyn event

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 28 18:07:35 PST 2004

Unto the Canton of Glaslyn and her citizens do I send greetings!

This was the first event of yours that I have been able to attend and I must
say that, after a rather rough beginning for me, personally, I had a
wonderful time at your Defender. Other than being very dark and very windy,
the site you chose was delightful, so quiet and natural. I was reminded of
my home in An Tir which I left almost 2 years ago. Lord Lothar ran a very
challenging Archery tourney which I am glad to have participated in. In
addition to being challenging, it was a lot of fun. It was the second
competition in which I have taken part and I had a lot more fun than I
expected to.

For the first time in probably a year and a half, I was able to watch
chivalric activities. Were I a bit younger I would take this up, as well.
The fighters seem to have as much fun as they have heavy workouts. My old
hockey blood gets to boiling when I watch men in pads (armor) playing with
sticks. I wonder what would happen if someone threw in a puck.

Your populace may be small, but they are warm and gracious. I commend you on
an event well run and thank you for your hospitality and hard work in making
this event a pleasure to attend. I will make a harder attempt to attend your
future events.

YIS

Linet Grey