[Steppes] Equestrian @ Steppes Warlord

Ashia D Yother hoppersgal at juno.com
Mon May 31 18:02:23 PDT 2004

What a glorious weekend for the Steppes!  It was an 'official' Warlord
because it rained, yet, we were not briskly taken down stream by heavy
currents.

The final round left Sir Alexis Le Bouche, Lord Fergus and myself.  It is
with much pleasure that I announce Sir Alexis LeBouche as the newest
Steppes Equestrian Champion.  True to his nature he competed bravely and
with much skill (might I add was unbeaten the entire tourney) upon his
gallant steed Plum.  I am sure he will represent the Steppes with much
honor.

It is also my pleasure to announce that Lady Gwenhavre of Gates Edge
received her Golden Bridle!

We had a great list of competitors, 14 riders and 13 horses. The horses
all were up for the challenge.  I thank everyone who attended and helped
out. Without you, we, as the Steppes Equestrian community, could not have
done this.

So if you will all indulge me for a moment here are my thanks:

Sir Alexis Le Bouche - You were kind enough to not only load up all of
your equipment and haul it down but also set up the field and run the
list as well.  I'm sure you have heard it a thousand times before, but
thank you so much for your time and effort.

Lady Gwenhavre - Who made a stunning barding set for the Steppes.  It is
absolutely gorgeous.  Gwenhavre, thank you for your time and skill in
this art.  Your craftsmanship will bring great pride to the Steppes.

Lady Gabrielle - Lady Aimee' brought you in as our list Mistress a few
years ago and somehow you've managed to tolerate us still! Thank you for
keeping the scores straight.  Also, for the beautiful tatting(sp?) that
you graciously donated for an award.

I must give a large thanks to my ground crew.  These girls are not often
at events, however, they were enthusiastic and very willing to help.
They stood on their feet, running back and forth all day long setting
equipment and handing off appropriate weapons to the Equestrians, it is
because of them that are course was ran so smoothly.

Finally, to their Excellencies for allowing the Equestrian community to
represent and protect the lovely Barony of Steppes. The Lrd. John De
Irwynne and the two other brave water bearers who made the walk.  Lrd Key
Connor for making sure our horses were supplied adequately with water.
Last but not least to Lady Kathyrn our autocrat who proved to be a most
successful leader in the art of "Warlord".

In service to the dream,
Lady Allessandra di Giovanni
Steppes Equestrian Marshall
Rider of Dance Magic