[Steppes] What to bring to Warlord

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 05:10:53 PDT 2004

I am assuming, Catarina that you did not make it last year. I went through
my emails from pre-warlord last year and found a similar email from you.
This was my reply at that time and I hold by it. The most importand things I
found were to keep virtually EVERYTHING in plastic boxes and Keep a dry
change of clothes in the car. On Sunday Morning after the flood, I was
walking around camp in my rubber boots and the raingear I had brought with
me from Oregon. I was one of the few who had the appropriate garb for that
day. It will come with me this year, too, but I hope that I won't need to
use it.

>From last year:

Tis my first warlord, as well but my second camping event here in Ansteorra.
I am going to make bug spray and mud boots priorities and citronella candles
or citronella oil and tiki torches and the like.A fan for inside the tent
sounds like a great idea cause you don't want to leave a way for mosquitoes
to get in being that West Nile is endemic.. Lots of water if you cant stand
the tap kind. ear plugs if you dont like the sounds of drumming, bardic
circles and revelers who have over indulged in the products of the brewer's
and vintner's arts. Bring strips of white cloth to tie on the guy lines of
your tent so people don't trip over them in the dark and a hammer to pound
your tent stakes in with.