[Steppes] The heart of the Gulf War matter

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 09:28:41 PST 2004

Greetings Unto the Barony of the Steppes.

My phone has been ringing about this matter, alot (laugh) and I felt that
even though I have not been able to be as active as I would like for health
reasons, and am just slowly working back into the swing of things, that
perhaps my words here could be of some help.

For the first part, Peace please between us and our brothers and sisters in
Elfsea.

I feel in my heart that while HE Borek's intentions were noble they were a
bit misplaced.  Not out of lack of caring or ill intent, but out of love and
dedication to his home Barony which he loves and has served faithfully for
years.

Sometimes when the holidays are crashing upon us, when we are busy with real
life wants, needs and concerns, and when we try to deal with something so
delicate as SCA matters can be on a email list, our words haunt us as we can
never truley convey our love and respect for each other as we can when we
meet face to face and talk.  You cannot see the concern or care we have for
each other or the matters at stake and the heaviness they may weigh on
anothers heart.

HE Borek feels he needs to champion his Barony so that they have
accomodations fitting their status and showing honor to it's members and our
Beloved Baron and Baroness.

Elfsea has shown us friendship in the past when our Barony didn't have the
number of pre-registration we needed to get us a land grant and shared with
us.  That Hospitality was noble and should be remembered.

The heart of the matter doesn't lie with our neighbors in Elfsea, it lies in
our own hands.

If we as a Barony want a grand encampment at Gulf War, then ***WE*** as a
Barony, all of the households, single members and areas attached to ***US***
need to send in those pre-registrations as a Barony, not as a seperate
agency.

We have an incredible gift in our Baron and Baroness.  Two wonderful people
whom are universally loved and admired, and can make for us a strong Barony
if we will open our hearths and drop our encampment walls to each other as a
community and make this push to get the numbers we need to change that land
grab map and give us a desireable spot upon it.

To Her Excellency Elfsea and the members of that Barony, we are your good
neighbors, and I know Her Excellency to be a gentle and caring Lady who will
aid us in any way should we just ask her.

To Borek, your love of your Barony is unquestioned, lay down your sword and
armor.  Remember that even in emails we always win when we use the medieval
courtesies we work so hard to grow and nurture even in the worst of times.
Your service to this realm and to many is unquestioned, you just need to
walk this path gently and with the love you have for the dream in your
heart.

It is up to you now Steppes, what a working map an autocrat begins with is
often nothing like the finished product.  If you want to change that land
allocation and area, then send in your pre-registration as a Barony and make
it something beautiful.

If you want help, ask your peers, many of us stand ready waiting for just
that request.

In love and service,

Duchess Larissa Alwynn Clarewoode of Aquitaine, OL, OP