[Steppes] The First Annual Steppes Turkey Shoot!!!

Corwin mag Eoin corwinmageoin at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 15:23:34 PST 2004

--- Susan Hill wrote:
> Good friends and family of the Steppes,
>
> The season for remembering our blessings and being
> thankful for them is upon
> us. There are some among us who are dealing with
> some serious difficulties
> this season and, inspired by them, their courage,
> and that of their family  members,
>I would like to announce the First Annual
> (hopefully) Steppes Turkey Shoot.

Hey you can't shoot at ME!

> This is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society
> in honor of those in our Steppes family that are dealing with a little
> more than the usual holiday pressure this year.
>
> This will be a fun shoot that everyone and anyone
> can join in on. For a  donation of $10, you will get a raffle ticket and an
> opportunity to have some fun shooting at something a little different
> from our usual archery  practices. The raffle prize is a 15-20 lb frozen
> turkey. The actual shoot  prize will be something a little less..

Cranberry sauce?

..I havent had a chance to go shopping yet. Additional donations will be gladly
> accepted, but it is one  ticket per person. I want everyone to have an equal
> chance at the bird. There you go with the name calling again!
> Loaner Equipment will be available, of course so even if you've never given
> archery a try, please join us for some fun.

Can I borrow equipment too? Mine seems to be missing.

> A potluck brunch will also be available. There will  be a propane stove on
> site. Please bring something to share. I will  provide hot beverages. A
> donation will be gladly accepted for the brunch, as
> well.

Sounds Like fun count me in!

Corwin

There they stood, ranged along the hillsides, met
To view the last of me, a living frame
For one more picture! in a sheet of flame
I saw them and I knew them all. And yet
Dauntless the slug-horn to my lips I set,
And blew. "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came."
R.B.