[Steppes] OT: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

Patrick Cuccurello pcuccurello at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 3 11:55:21 PDT 2004

Hello everyone in Steppes,

This year, I'll be taking part in the Juvenile Diabetes Research
Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes, along with a half-million other walkers
across the country.   Yes, we will also be bringing the greyhounds to walk
with us  :)

Type 1, or juvenile, diabetes, is a devastating, often deadly disease that
affects millions of people--a large and growing percentage of them children.

All of that's the bad news... and yes, it's pretty bad.

The good news, though, is that a cure for type 1 diabetes IS within reach.
For the first time, scientists are predicting that we can expect to see a
cure for type 1 diabetes well within our lifetime.

Please visit my Walk Web page if you would like to donate online or see how
close I am to reaching my personal goal:

http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=85850627

Thank you,

Patrick Cuccurello