[Steppes] my son

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 10 09:51:02 PDT 2004

Please pardon the bandwidth, but You guys are all the family I have, other
than my sister.

Many of you had the opportunity to meet my 14 year-old son, Adam, at AAA. He
lives with his dad in Oregon and only makes it out here three times a year,
which is kind of tough, but this week, tougher. Last night I got a call that
he was thrown and stepped on by a horse. Fortunately things aren't a whole
lot worse, but he has sustained a chip fracture of his lower leg that has
dislocated the patellar tendon that holds the kneecap in place. He will have
to have surgery sometime later today or tomorrow to put a screw into the
chip to hold it in position. He wasn't too bad last night, but this morning
he is hurting quite a lot and scared of the surgery and what's to come.
Needless to say, mom is a borderline basket case. It's not really enough to
fly back there, but....you know.

Just thought the Steppes-family would like to know

Linet