[Steppes] Living in the Past....Could you really do it??

Gail gailh at fanninelectric.com
Fri Sep 3 12:23:58 PDT 2004

Afternoon, Zach

I think there might be more of us that could manage relatively comfortably
than one might think.

     Due to allergies, I rarely drink sodas...so that lets that out....now,
pure clean water, was really beginning to be a problem, in our period.
   Also, again due to allergies, I heat with wood...but a stone castle
usually (in my experience) needs heat more than AC.

Now, the things I'd really prefer NOT to have to do without...plastic
surgery (car wreck, 1978), removal of appendix (1981) or reconstructive
surgery on an ankle (horse fell, 1996...pins (2) plates(2) and lots and lots
of bone specific glue) THAT, yes...I am devoutely greatful not to have to do
without.

  The food...anyone who has a small farm and raises their own meat and veg
is probably laughing (or at least chuckling) at the
ummmm........inexperience of our urban friends....

Galen
all of the comments above do not reflect the views of my household (so
please don't blame them...) and you forgot one of the nicest of our modern
wonders....the internet!