[Steppes] Steppes Related Gothic Wars news

Michael Smith morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 6 17:26:39 PDT 2004

Baronial Guardman and personal Man at Arms to our Baron, Roc the Bold, along
with his beautiful wife Icia, both received their Awards of Arms at Gothic
Wars.  After court on Saturday, Roc and Hrafn entered the single sword
barrier tournament.  They both did quite well.  Hrafn was one of the last
handful of fighters, and Roc, after defeating Steppes Warlord Timo, lost in
the finals to Centurion Ysfael.  The intensity of this barrier tournament
cannot be conveyed in the written word by a person as poor a bard as myself.
I can state without reservation that few gentles the known world over have
seen so intense a tournament.  Roc's performance was so impressive that he
was awarded the Sable Falcon of Ansteorra on the spot by His Majesty.

VIVAT ROC!
VIVAT ICIA!

Yours in Service to the Steppes,
Centurion Morgan