[Steppes] OT - Heard from my Son

roc baldonado rocthebold at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 11:41:11 PDT 2004

Mike it is good to hear of your sons well being.We Will continue to keep him in our thoughts.we should talk more on that tourney for the troops after practice saturday.
  ROC

meggiddo at netzero.net wrote:
Heilsa,

Please Pardon my use of the bandwidth...

First, those of you who were at Gothic Wars and were invited to eat that
Sunday night (9-5-04) from the wonderful dinner that Roc's parents had
prepared. I hope that reach each and everyone of you who were present
that night.

It was Roc's birthday, as well as my son's. Thus, knowing the pride that
Roc's father held for Roc, I also have a son of my own and just as pride
of him. I raised my glass to toast my son as well, since both Roc and
Aaron (my son) birthday are on the same day or perhaps weekend. Aaron
just turned 23. Due to this toast, felt that those present would like to
know that he had called.

Aaron called Saturday around 8 PM their time, ~12 PM here in Ansteorra.
He spoke with his grandmother. He had just came in from patrol and had a
few minutes before going off to bed. He stated that he was fine - tried
and was eating while talking with her. He had been getting only about 4
hours sleep or so before having to go back out on patrol that night at
midnight, Baghdad time. She relayed to me that Aaron sound both physical
as well as mental tried from the constant stress of urban combat
situations that our troops have been placed in over in Baghdad.

Yes, my son is in Baghdad and has been there since March 2004. Between
myself and the rest of the family we have sent 15 care packages since
March. We are currently working on another 3 to 5 more for the month of
September.

Now the question of why I did not mention him sooner for the Barony care
package effort - he and his group were being supplied by us, meaning
all the families of his group and felt that some other groups over there
that were NOT being supported so heavily would be in far more need of
those care packages that all you helped put together.

Aaron has reached the half way point of his tour over there, so it is
down hill from here. Another 6 months there in Baghdad, then home around
March 11th, 2005.

So, as of Saturday 4th, 2004 at 12 PM our time, 8 PM Baghdad time, my
son, Aaron was tried, but OK. I now go back into wait mode until he
calls again.

Thanks for the bandwidth.

Michael Fray