[Steppes] SATURDAY DEMO

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 08:58:06 PDT 2004

Lord Bren'ainn,

I have dusted off my Viking garb, cap and braid and shall be attending (not for all day, though).  I will bring a few Viking-related handouts from the Asgard event.  Looking forward to the pickled Herring and Lefse (not to mention the cookies!!!) and shopping for those one-of-a-kind 12th Night gifts.

Ingiriðr Þórkelsdóttir  (call me Inga - Mutti, Vati, will you be there, too?)
(yes, Gabrielle has an alternate Viking persona.  Who would have guessed since her lord is Jon Rolfsson?  :-)  )

Bre'nain / Noble <noble at delafyeld.com> wrote:
Good Gentles, all. This Saturday, Sept 11th, from 10:00 a.m. until...after 6:00p.m. at The Wooden Spoon Scandinavian Cultural Center and Shop, WE ARE HAVING A DEMO!!! Response has been very good, but this is a timely reminder to the rest of you.
Everybody that is in the Steppes is welcome to come by, in garb, of course. Bring SCA stuff to show to the mundanes, and there will be A LOT of them. There is a festival in downtown Plano, just a mere stone's throw from where we will be. There will be plenty of fighters, dancers, and hopefully enough ARTISANS (hint, hint) showing off their talents. Just good ole folk are welcome to come and chat with the prospective new members and will be most appreciated.
The address is 1617 Avenue K, Plano. This is just north of 15th St, just East of Central Expy. Bring your own chairs, please, and if there is a small pop up shade cover, stick it in the back of your car. You never know. Weather is supposed to be fabulous. Parking across the street. Come have fun.
Bre'nain MacGilla Pa'traic, Steppes Demo Coordinator

When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.
[Desiderius Erasmus, Dutch Humanist and Theologian (1524-1583)]

HL Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, 1998.