[Steppes] Moonschadowe Guardian

Kaneki no Ryuto Akimitsu sokkaiya23 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 21:53:38 PDT 2004

To all those who attended Moonschadowe Guardian:

One is glad to see that all are for our fellow countrymen in the Kingdom and
will defend any shire/barony/region from invasion.  One feels that one is
joining the right barony and Kingdom.  One feels that with out this vote of
confidence toward this barony, one would have questioned one's judgement for
many seasons.

One is proud to see countrymen taking arms against invaders.  Protecting the
solidarity of a place is one thing that has been long engrained in oneself
since early life.

To all those that attended and fought hard:  One gives his thanks to making
ones decision clear.

Humbly,
Kaneki no Ryuto Akimitsu

--- Susan Hill <sueorintx at hotmail.com> wrote:

> To the Good Gentles of the Barony of the Steppes do I send my heartiest
> greetings and my most heartfelt sentiment...I am glad to be home amongst you
> again.
>
> As you know, King Draco had asked for all available archers and heavy
> fighters to come to Moonschadowe as the Calontiri had threatened to annex
> the Shire, having won most of the titled awards given by that shire each
> year for the past several years. This year, a large contingent of  fighters
> and archers made the long trek from the far reaches of Ansteorra to answer
> the King's call. There were many who had travelled at least 12 hours to
> reach the event, which made history as the largest EVER Northern Region
> event.
>
> The weather was difficult. There were reports that the temperature upon the
> list field was over 100. A slight breeze helped, but it was very hot. Friday
> night remained fairly warm, but it was cooler last night.
>
> The Steppes was well represented by fighters and archers and in the end, it
> was the Steppes once again that held the Calontiri archers at bay. Arcus
> Wiliam Ironwyrm won the contest by the narrowest of margins....one solitary
> point. Arcus Jaque the Spink was the next Ansteorran in the end results,
> coming in fifth. Unfortunately the Calontiri won every other event. I know
> not the outcome of the annexing threat. I suspect that it has passed,
> however, as the relationship between the representatives of both kingdoms
> remained cordial at least to the time of our leaving this morning.
>
> And now, I must to my unloading chores attend, but I felt that I must share
> these tidings with you at once. Once more the archers of the Steppes have
> proved their mettle.
>
> Vivat Arcuses Ironwyrm and Jaque!!!
>
> Yours in service to the dream, Ansteorra, and the Steppes
>
> Lady Linet Grey
>
> Archery Marshal of the Steppes

=====
~~~~~

Come hither, my lads, with your tankards of ale,
And drink to the present before it shall fail;
Pile each on your platter a mountain of beef,
For 'tis eating and drinking that bring us relief:
  So fill up your glass,
  For life will soon pass;
When you're dead ye'll ne'er drink to your king or your lass!
- "The Tomb"  H. P. Lovecraft

~~~~~