[Steppes] FW: Stargate?

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 16:53:31 PDT 2004

Not necessarily SCA.  I've noticed a lot of "live steel" fights at the Texas
Renfaire amongst the rennies in the private campgrounds.  Scared the hooey out
of me, too.  Remember, Renfaire (TRF) is near Houston.  After seeing what I've
seen down there, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Gabrielle

--- Catalina Damiana Saravia Quicedo de Xerez <ladycatalina at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >A 42-year-old man was killed and a woman injured when a sword was brought
> >to a fight at a trailer park in north Harris County overnight.
> >
> >Harris County Sheriff's Department deputies said two neighbors drinking
> >outside their trailers in the 1700 block of Greens road got into a fight
> >about 3:30 a.m., and one went to retrieve his sword.
> >

> >The 18-year-old suspect killed the victim, then went to the victim's
> >trailer and attacked the victim's relatives. One woman was taken to a
> >nearby hospital with non-life threatening wounds, deputies said.
> >
> >The suspect is in custody. The names of the victims and suspect have not
> >yet been released.

=====

HL Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, 1998.