[Steppes] NEW Rapier Practice site

OCPblacksmith@aol.com OCPblacksmith at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 12:31:16 PST 2004

Greetings unto the Populace,

   Steppes Rapier Practice is moving to a new location. Old City Park Museum in down town Dallas is offering it's pavillion for the rapier comunity to have a place to practice year around. The Chautauqua Pavilion is a circular, free standing, room that is moderatly airconditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. There is plenty of room for many one-on-one fights and space for gear around the outer edges. We will be starting the rapeir practices Thursday, January 22nd 2004 from 6pm-10pm.
   Old City Park only askes that everyone please wear tennis shoes (white souls if you have them)and remove any trash when we leave. Please talk to Master Eisen if there are any needs or concernes. Master Eisen (Kelly Kring) is an employee at Old City Park and is very familliar with the Pavillion. Old City Park also has night time security on the grounds for our safty and the safty of the museum.

Old City Park is located at 1717 Gano street on the corner of Gano St. and Harwood St., Old City Park is conveniently located near the heart of downtown Dallas, close the junction of Interstate's 30 and 35.

>From I-30 West of Town - take exit #45B - Lamar/Griffin/Cadiz remain on the feeder road until Harwood Street. Turn right on Harwood then right on Gano St. The parking lot is one very short block down on the left.
>From I-30 East of Town - follow I-30 West and take exit #45 - Ervay St. This is a left exit! Take the first left on St. Paul, cross over the freeway, pass the old Ambassador Hotel. At the stop sign go straight, you will now be on Ervay St. take the next left, on Gano St. The parking lot is on the right past City Park School.

>From I-35E North of Town - Follow I-35E South to I-30 East. Remain in one of the 2 right hand lanes, the exit comes up quickly. Take exit #45B - Lamar/Griffin/Cadiz remain on the feeder road until Harwood Street. Turn right on Harwood then right on Gano St. The parking lot is one very short block down on the left.

>From I-35E South of Town - Follow I-35E North to I-30 East. Remain in one of the 2 right hand lanes, the exit comes up quickly. Take exit #45B - Lamar/Griffin/Cadiz remain on the feeder road until Harwood Street. Turn right on Harwood then right on Gano St. The parking lot is one very short block down on the left.

>From 45/75 North of Town - Follow 75 South, stay in right lanes and follow I-30 West signs, this will be exit 284A. While still on service road, take exit #45 -Ervay St. Turn left at St. Paul, cross over freeway, pass the old Ambassador Hotel, At the stop sign go straight, you will now be on Ervay St. take the next left, on Gano St. The parking lot is on the right past City Park School.

>From 45/75 South of Town- Take 45/75 North to the I-30 West exit: stay on the access road and take exit #45 -Ervay St. Turn left on St. Paul, cross over freeway, pass the old Ambassador Hotel, At the stop sign go straight, you will now be on Ervay St. take the next left, on Gano St. The parking lot is on the right past City Park School.

http://www.oldcitypark.org/tour.htm
  The above eddress will take you to a virtual tour of the museum grounds. Entrance to the museum for parking will be the far east delivery gate on Gano street. Parking will be on the concreate drive way around the Pavillion or on the gravel drive way on the west side of the pavillion. Please DO NOT park on the grass or the brick road at Old City Park.
  Because Old City Park is a museum, there will be some night time functions that will require the Pavillion on a Thursday night. We will send out a notice two weeks before to let everyone know that practice will be cancled the week of_____.
If you have any questions, please contact Master Eisen at Eisenwsa at aol.com.

Thank you,
 Master Eisen
White Scarf of Ansteorra