[Steppes] Royal Huntsman Announcement

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 1 18:27:14 PST 2004

Greetings to the good gentles of the Barony of the Steppes. It is my honor
and privilage to announce that the new Royal Huntsman of the Kingdom of
Ansteorra is none other than our own Honorable Lord Wiliam Ironwyrm. He
outshot a field of 15 archers in a remarkable contest. Remarkable in that
the contenders and their equipment all held up remarkably well despite
incredibly adverse conditions. The event was held in bitter weather with
wind chills in the teens.Thankfully the waterbearer's of Moonschadowe
supplied us with hot broth and chocolate all day, standing out in the cold
without complaint for several hours. Steppes was well represented with
approximately 1/3 of the archers participating being from our Barony.

There was very nearly a major upset when Lord Alvin du Clairmont (please
forgive me if I misspelled it) remained undefeated until meeting HL Ironwyrm
in the finals. Lord Alvin represented our Barony and the future of Archery
within it with great honor. Up until shooting against HL Ironwyrm in the
final round, Lord Alvin was the ONLY archer that had not been defeated at
least once in the double elimination tournament. This is especially
remarkable as he has been shooting less than 6 months and has been to
practice only half a dozen times or less. Lest anyone think that this
acheivement was a fluke, he then shot at the grand opening of Weisenfeuer's
new Archery range and shot more balloons than any of the archers there,
includiing several past Royal Huntsmen and members of the Arcus
Majorus....We will see great things from him in the future, I have no
doubts.

Thanks yous to the Shire of Moonschadowe (especially the waterbearers), The
Spinning Winds people who provided a large pavilion for shelter, Lord Arthur
Blackmoon of Northkeep who had the good sense and thoughtfulness to bring a
propane heater to keep the inside of the pavilion warm, Don Elric who
provided a very challenging and entertaining contest, and to my travelling
companions who made the trip a great deal of fun.

Congratulations, Wil on your well-deserved title, and congratulations also
to Lord Alvin who was shooting in his first tournament. The past, present
and future of Steppes Archery well represented.

VIVAT!