[Steppes] Archery Practice 2/22

jspinks@ix.netcom.com jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Sun Feb 22 18:01:52 PST 2004

Alas that I was not able to be there this wonderful shooting day but mine overseer hath decreed that the salt must be mined!

It grieves me to see such a report when I hear that even the frozen northern reaches were able to field half a dozen to send steel through the air whilst others gathered in groups of 20 or more.   Perhaps the days when Steppes Archers routinely practiced and won titles and acclaim have past and other shires and baronies shall dominate the tourneys.  Ah well.  Perhaps the rare shoot next week shall bring out the archers.  I hear that there be magic in the air since the date occurs but once each quad of years.

Jacque the Spink