[Steppes] Populous Meeting Minutes - 2/17

Lady Sunnifa sunnifa at housewhiteshark.org
Mon Feb 23 10:55:08 PST 2004

Greetings!

Here are the meeting minutes for the February Populous Meeting:

1> Fundraising for the Canton
	Two options were discussed. A raffle or a tavern. Those present
favored the possibility of running a lunch tavern instead of a raffle
during Warlord. Lady Sunnifa will contact the Autocrat and check into the
requirements.

2> Future Populous Meeting Days
	In April we will be able to select new days/dates for Populous
to begin in September. Those present at the meeting agreed that the first
or second Thursday of the month was preferable to Wednesdays and would not
conflict with Steppes Populous. Lady Aimiliona will be reserving these new
dates for us as our site representative for the Jaycee arts center.

3> Border Wars IV
	Bids are still being accepted for the weekend of May 7-9 until
February 29. If no bids are received, there is a very slim chance that we
will be able to hold this event at all this year and must consider whether
the populous wishes to hold it next year (2005).

4> Kingdom Dance and Music Symposium with Lindenwood's Midsummer Masked
Ball
	HL Philip the White gave us an update on planning for Kingdom
Dance/Midsummers. The date has changed to June 26. Please mark your
calendars! There will be a full day of classes at UTA followed by the ball
after court in the evening. Plenty of time has been allowed for Their
Majesties' pleasure and also to fit in plenty of dancing. There will be a
sideboard available during the ball, included in the site fee. Proceedings
and a cd will be available for a small additional fee.

5> Storage Unit
	We will be moving storage facilities on 2/29 from the Ustor to
StorageUSA. We will be getting a bigger unit with the same 24/7 access at
a small increase in price. Our monthly fee will increase from $51 to $60
for double the space.

6> Open Offices
	Knight Marshal -- Apply to Central Regional Knight Marshal Lord
			Killian MacRaith (shelton_ed at hotmail.com)
	Chronicler --   Apply to Central Regional Chronicler Lady Margarite
			McBridin (bmhansom at airmail.net)
	Hospitaler --   Apply to Central Regional Hospitaler Lord Dohmnall
			Dubh O'Ruairc (steverourke at charter.net)
	A&S Minister -- Apply to Central Regional A&S Minister Lady Asa
			Hrafnasdottir (HRAFNASDOT at aol.com)

	The form for appilcation for office can be found at:
	http://www.ansteorra.org/publications/forms/AppOffice.pdf

	Application goes to your Central Regional officer and courtesy
copies go to Lindenwood Seneschal, Steppes Seneschal, Steppes
Baron/Baroness, and equivalent Steppes officer. If the office is currently
occupied, a copy also goes to the current office holder.

YIS,
Lady Sunnifa,
Seneschal, Lindenwood