[Steppes] Fighter Practice today (2.29.04)

ironwyrm@juno.com ironwyrm at juno.com
Sun Feb 29 12:29:24 PST 2004

Actually, I belive the count was 7 combat archers, but the
most that were on field at one time was about 5, one heavy
archer remained as a sword & board all day.  Two of them
were new combat archers, and one of those was her first
time on the field.  All did well at close in and taking advantage
of every gap & opening in the shields.  If an opening was
exposed an combat arrow or bolt followed.

On the lighter side, I was very amused with Lord Alvin's ability
to dodge and outrun pursuing fighters.  He gave a most
impressive display of "Archer, rabbit is thy middle name!".

All and all a good site, wonderful hosts, a great day!  Many
thanks to Pat, Ronnie, and all the good the folk of Black Oak
Keep for making it possible!

YIS,

Ironwyrm