[Steppes] Gulf Wars plans - revisited

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 06:41:50 PST 2004

Sorry for the late reply/commentary

>Thursday before Gulf War: Trailer is brought to Steppes storage
>facility.  Large items (8 tables, cooking utensils and Steppes
>pavillion) are loaded into trailer as well as any large items that
>individuals want transported (such as Borek's pavillion).  Initial plan
>is to meet at the Burger King nearby at 6 p.m., but plan is subject to
>change.  Directions to storage facility forthcoming.
>
>---Guys, I'm only able to haul a 6x12.  Is all this stuff going to fit
>in the thing???

It should all fit easily with a 12 foot trailor

>Sunday: Borek

OK, Sunday night, and they will not let me in before 7A on Monday in any
case

>Dinner: Monday - Wednesday - self-serve
>Dinner: Thursday - Hamburgers
>Dinner: Friday - Sushi
>Dinner: Saturday - Spagetti (Dessert provided by Borek - yum!)

I'll probably do dessert every night I have materials. Also, if anyone is
interested, I can also do bisquits or cinnamon rolls in it as well. I found
only one of my dutch ovens, if anyone has another one or two with a lip to
hold the charcoal, I can make more at one time. A second at least would be
real useful as one cobbler will not be enough for the number of people we
have.

>Other miscellaneous items for trip:
>Garden cart (Gerita)
>Ice chests (2 large, 2 small)

I'll have my large one as well as a small one for my own personal use

>---One thing, Excellency: who's got the map of our camping spot?  I want
>to set my tents up only once. . . . .

This would be a good thing to know. Hopefully we will be in the same spot as
always, and if so, who wants to be closer to the road and who wants to be at
the back? I'll space out the tents along the perimeter as best I can and I
can make some adjustments for those who have them (within reason).

Borek