[Steppes] Rare papers and beautiful gems

Elaine Crittenden letebts at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 16 10:39:54 PDT 2004

A favorite time of year for me, maybe for you,too, is near:

The Dallas Book and Paper Show. I get to see and handle old manuscripts and
books!  :-)

It is to be on Friday, April 30 from 6 PM to 9 PM with no admission fee this
year! Saturday, May 1, from 9 PM to 4 PM will cost you $4.00 each. Parking
is free on both days. No Sunday show this year.

Location is Freeway Hall at Market Hall at the intersection of I-35
(Stemmons Freeway) and Market Hall Boulevard on the southeast side.

My favorite stall is one just as you enter and to the right. His name is
Dennis. Tell him Elaine said to tell him "Hi." (No, I don't get anything for
it!)  :-) Some of his stuff is genuine Period goodies, including
(occasionally) Period maps.

The "fun money" pouch is low this year, but it doesn"t hurt for me to look
and get ideas. I *do* have to be careful about drooling! ;-)

Now, if gem/jewelry shows are your thing, April 23-25 is the Gem and Jewelry
Show, again at Dallas Market Hall. I don't know the admission price, as my
husband and I have complimentary admission tickets. Their website is
<www.intergem.net>.

Lete
Jes' tryin' ta be he'pful...