[Steppes] A Warlord Question

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Thu Apr 29 09:34:29 PDT 2004

Greetings Lady Kathryn,

House Flaming Duck, some four years ago to my knowledge brought a small
flock of woad-painted ducks to War Lord in an effort to keep the rain
away.  The ducks were granted a small bucket to swim in, and lo and
behold, we had a bit of a storm on Sunday afternoon.
	A year or so later, representatives of the House were unable to
attend War Lord and gave the ducks to one Lady Alienor to care for.  She
in her wisdom left the ducks high and dry for the weekend.  There was no
rain.
	Another year or so later, the ducks again attended the event
alone, and took over a small swimming pool brought for the benefit of
House Arkham.  That event will go down in history, as it rained and
rained, and the wind blew so that even cars were floated away. Our
Baron, the father of Baron Mahdi, sent them to the gaol and decreed that
they should be punished at Fall Court.
	There was no time at Fall Court to deal with this, and anyway a
different theme was chosen.  The ducks remained with their gaoler.
	At Gulf Wars XIII, the House Flaming Duck did beg our Baron for
the lives of these ducks, which were in attendance at the event but kept
securely jailed and dry.  The Baron did return them to the gaoler,
instructing her to keep them well until he should call for them.  This
she has done.  The ducks are fed well, and occasionally taken out for a
swim in the same pool from which they allowed havoc to be wreaked last
year.
	The gaoler awaits the Baron's instructions for further handling
of these ducks.  You say he might have need of them at War Lord?  Then
they shall surely be in attendance yet again, kept securely away from
any water at all (beyond the tiny bowl they get from which to drink)
until our Baron shall have use of them.

Ever in Service to Steppes and her Baron and Baroness,
Gerita del Mare
Gaoler Extraordinaire.

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the
sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if
there is a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross