[Steppes] Archery Practice 05/02/04

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun May 2 20:10:28 PDT 2004

Ten there were of us today on the line, looking to spread fear and terror
among the paper targets that stood before us. More new faces or rather new
old faces joined us today and all seemed to have a good time.

HL Katya has proved that she will be a force to be reckoned with on the
field of competition. Thelyn  and Lasguard showed us that Archery is like
bicycle riding, even if you haven't done it for a while, it comes back to
you quickly. Giles and Agnella had the opportunity to use and show off their
new toys and did very well with them.

I used the new loaner arrows that Wil has worked on. They are beautiful and
fly well. Thanks again, Wil.

We found it hard to leave today, having shot six...yes, 6 Royal Rounds
today. They wouldn't stop! I finally ran out of score sheets. Katya and
Corwin win the durabilty award for being the only ones to shoot all 6. I
hope that both of you don't hurt too badly. Both had sore arms by the end of
the day. ICE for both of you. Ice, Compression, and Elevation works on both
string slap bruises and tendonitis.

There will be archery at Lindenwood's Border Wars this coming Saturday. This
will be a fairly small event and competition so would be a good one for
those who have never shot in competition before. It will also be a good
warm-up for the Novice Competition at Warlord. I could use some helpers on
the archery list at Border Wars. Another marshall would be nice as would
someone to keep track of sign ups etc. Drop me an email if you are
interested.

YIS,

Linet