[Steppes] OT - Help please-Dallas Aquarium Field Trip

Nzingha, The Moor Of Dundee rogueofdundee at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 14:42:17 PDT 2004

I would have them bring their own lunch and eat on the grounds for a picnic by the pond.... Also in the area is  The Museum Of Natural History and The Science Place are all right next door to the Aquarium.  Down a little ways is also the Planetarium, The African American Museum, The Womens Museum, The DAR House and The Texas Discovery Gardens for Organic Plants....
 The best place for a "kid" to have lunch near there would be across the street at Mc Donalds.    Fair Park is safe and lots to do. The neighborhood  is surrounded by soul food restaurants, with good Catfish, Williams Fried Chicken and Sweet Potato Pies;  but nothing really for kids.
Leza M. working at the Radio Station in Fair Park.   www.wrr101.com

DonnelShaw at aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 4/30/2004 2:57:08 PM Central Standard Time,
gailh at fanninelectric.com writes:
Greetings,
> I am teaching summer school for migrant children. We are going on a
> field trip to the Dallas Aquarium in Fair Park and are in need of a neat
> place to eat lunch in that area. Being originally from West Texas, I
> have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any suggestions? You can
> e-mail me here at school, cmoore at sangerisd.net with places and I'll go
> from there.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Micola Soranzo
> Glaslyn
Have them take a sack lunch or if they are on free or reduced lunch the
school district usually can make the sack lunches up for you with prior notice.
Donnel