[Steppes] avoiding traveler's tummy in Mexico..

kellie H kgsfa86 at swbell.net
Thu Jun 3 10:23:41 PDT 2004

Re: the dreaded runny tummy;
NO local water (e. coli), no fish (salmonella, worms), no pork (trichinosis), no unpeeled produce unless THOROUGHLY washed ( heavy insecticides banned in the US, e. coli, mold), wipe glasses and utensils with an antiseptic wipe before use (e. coli, staph, strep, insect leavings).  The US is a very sanitary place compared to the rest of the world, and we have developed wimpy digestive tracts!
Get a motion-sickness patch from your doc.  It really helps with the plane ride and elevation/altitude sickness in the mountians, if you are susceptible to such distress (Mexico City is a higher elevation than Denver), and does not cause drowsiness like Dramamine.
Lessons learned the hard way....

Catrin

Vicki Marsh <xaraxene at comcast.net> wrote:

snippage

(any tips on avoiding Monteczuma's revenge will be greatly appreciated. I'm
already eating yogurt and packing the Pepto-Bismol and Imodium.)