[Steppes] Interesting news item on frescoes

Russell and Erika Kinder Russell_Erika at comcast.net
Sat Jun 26 05:45:55 PDT 2004

Having lived in Valencia for half a year, I would like to put in my two
cents:

The Cathedral, like many in Spain, is a huge mish-mash of architectural
styles. It has several entrances and wings, each with it's own grand
plan. My guess is that the frescoe is between the Baroque and
Renaissance doors to the Cathedral, in the chapel just off to the side.

As far as the writing is concerned, it's highly likely that it would be
Arabic instead of Greek, as during this period the Moors were in the
process of being kicked out of Spain. There are lots of Moorish
influences that worked their way into the art & architecture throughout
the city.

I recommend visiting Valencia in March, for their big festival. All in
all, it's a beautiful area full of orange, olive, and almond trees. If
anyone is interested in learning more about the Cathedral, let me know.
I'll be happy to show you the book I have on it (it's in Spanish,
though).

I thought this story was really exciting, since it seems like I was
there only yesterday.

~ Isabeau