[Steppes] Gulf Wars 2005 - Gift basket Project recap

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 12:37:18 PDT 2004

>I just do not want to get stuck on the thought that all the boards must be
>of this medium, sll the >pieces this medium, etc.  That sets a great
>limitation by only allowign people that work in that >particular medium to
>be involved in that aspect.

Such a point I am sure can be debated at populace as there definately seems
to be two schools of thought on it. As I remember when this topic was
originally brought up at Business meeting by Mahdi and Valeria, the reason
for having the various groups making 19 of the same thing was because when
the project was parsed out for each group to make a basket for a kingdom or
principality, there were some groups producing tons for their assigned group
while others produced much less making the baskets lopsided. the lodsided
issue was corrected by redistributing what was made in quantity to those
baskets that needed more. The groups who had more were surprised to find
their largess had been distributed which caused the crown some minor
problems I belivev. TRMs are trying to alleiviate such an issue in future
which is why we have the current request. Making an the items uniform I see
as an extension of this, but I may just be pushing the point and in the end
the final decision is TE Mahdi and Valeria.

>BTW who is coordinating the effort?  I was under the impression that this
>was a project that her >excellency was coordinating and I do not want us to
>duplicate any effort that has already been >done.

I had only heard vague things about what was being done and wanted to kick
this off so we can get the major points finalized at Populace next week so
actual construction can begin.

Six months seems a lot of time until you start 4 months from now....

Borek