[Steppes] Viking Garb

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 09:36:22 PDT 2004

Vivaine,
Try Mistress Gunnora's website - she's the top authority (that I know of) on Viking ANYTHING in our Kingdom.  She would know of purchasing sites, I should think.  Contact her at http://www.vikinganswerlady.com, if that doesn't work, add /bjornsborg at the end.   You might also want to try "The Wooden Spoon's" website, (you will need to do a search on that as I don't have their html anymore - put Plano, Texas in the field.)  That's the shop where we held the demo - the National Scandinavian Society, Swedish and Nordic Societies all meet there, too.

If any of them want to try making their own garb, I have online articles I could send them.  Is it all men, or are there some women, too?  Men basically wear a tunic to the knees and women were a long tunic dressed covered by a Viking apron dress.  There are lots of articles available on making the garb.

Gabrielle ("Inga")

Sharon Palkowetz <sharon at polkawitch.com> wrote:
Oh Galen
I meant that to go public!

Sir Guy is looking for online merchants for Viking Garb due to his group in
japan wanting ot purchase some.

If anyone has any links of reputable companies, pls let me know.

thanks!

> morning, Vivaine
> there are several in the Steppes who do custom sewing.....
>
> check around on the list. I'm one of them. What did you want/need/would
> like?
>
> Galen

HL Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, 1998.