[Steppes] Gulf War site

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 09:48:50 PDT 2004

Galen and I go wayyyy back to our childhood days.  Galen, you just sparked a
memory.  Didn't we run into each other in Galveston about that time?  You and
Pam were both with your parents I believe and I was there with my parents.
Also, we went back later.  I remember eating at a Pizza Inn across the highway
from the beach.  There was a half-buried ship on its side about 20 feet from
their entrance.  Talk about a scenic lunch!  :D
Gabrielle
--- Gail <gailh at fanninelectric.com> wrote:

> I think if you check the date, Carla was 1963 or 64......my family and I
> were in Galveston on vacation....we were playing in the surf 3 days before
> Carla came onshore. We had no idea....even though the surf was coming in
> over the seawall when we were there. I also remember the flooding, my
> uncle's house came within 1" of having water come in the door. The concrete
> of the porch had ripples of water on it........this was in Oak Cliff, on
> Pentagon Parkway across the street from Five Mile Creek, just down from Loop
> 12
>
> Galen

=====

HL Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, 1998.