[Steppes] Winners - Petanque Tourney (Wedding Event)

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 09:57:22 PDT 2004

The wedding was beautiful as was the day and the event site ! (not to mention
the beautiful bride and handsome groom! ;) )

The Petanque Tourney :

After a practice game and some fun, the competition got "rolling." The teams
were Maria and Phelippe Descors against Donnel and Sadbhbh ("Siv"). Maria and
Phelippe had been winning in the practice game and they were the favorites to
win. However, due to some unforeseen skill (and beginners luck), Donnel and
Sadbhbh started racking up the points - someimes 3 & 4 points at a time
(unusual for petanque). The final point won the game for Donnel and Sadbhbh.
They won 12 to 6 and received the beautiful Gourmet cheese and wine basket.

We had a fun time, and I would like to thank those who joined us during the
practice to "try their hand" at playing the game with us. I hope you enjoyed
the game.

I have been asked to bring the "boules," and scoreboard to the HALLOWEEN PARTY
next Saturday so that we may play some more. Maybe others would like to join us
in the backyard (I'm sure we can figure out something for a light source).

Thanks again,
Gabrielle

=====

HL Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, 1998.