[Steppes] Spinning question

Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio chiara at io.com
Thu Nov 11 12:00:48 PST 2004

My son just got back from a field trip in Sulphur Springs where he got to
watch them do blacksmithing and spinning and lots of other things.

Now he is obsessed. He wants to learn how to spin. Is there a class
happening anywhere soon that I can take him to? If not, is there anyone
out there that is willing to show him how? Failing all that are there
books geared toward children that teaches spinning?

He knows how to sew by hand but I am just not secure enough to let him use
the machine yet.

I have never done any spinning, but am willing to learn with him. It is a
wonderful thing to have such a curious little boy, he is 7. He was home
schooled for the first 5 years of his life so he is very mature for his
age.

Thanks!
HL Chiara