[Steppes] OT: FW: Scarborough Faire Loses Great Man

Michelle Dodd lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 10 16:54:44 PST 2004

We thought that our Scarborough friends and family would appreciate being
informed.

Jeff ”Mayhem” Thompson, a longtime Scarborough Renaissance Festival
participant and employee passed away on December 8, 2004 in Columbus, Ohio
at the age of 40. Jeff had been not only a staff member of Southwest
Festivals, Inc., but also a member of the Scarborough Academy of Performing
Arts, and the Hayride Manager for Screams, the World’s Largest Halloween
Theme Park, in the early years.

Jeff was instrumental in starting the “Highland Games” event held each day
during Scarborough, and competed each year in events around the country. He
was also recognized as the “front man” for the Rogues, the Grammy nominated
bagpipe band that plays each season at Scarborough Faire®.

Jeff traveled extensively and handled security over the years with the heavy
metal group Pantera, and most recently was on tour with Damageplan. He loved
the entertainment business and all of the people whose lives he touched
along the way.

“Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard.
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.”
Julius Caesar, Act II, scene 2

We will keep you posted on funeral and memorial arrangements as we get the
information.

Our deepest condolences go out to Jeff’s family and friends.

The Staff of Southwest Festivals, Inc.
Scarborough Renaissance Festival
Screams Halloween Theme Park