[Steppes] Merry Christmas

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 10:42:28 PST 2004

Thanks, Nuala!!  That was great!!  Especially the Motto at the end.  I have
found my new Mantra! (sp?)

Happy Everything to you!!  Hope you have a great New Year!!
Gab

--- lizdenpeters at juno.com wrote:

> To our dear friends,
>
> It is our hope that you all have a safe and Merry Christmas with your
> loved ones.
>
> Vincenzo & Nuala
> (Due to our recent computer crash, we have lost everyone's e-mail
> address.)
>

> 1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday  buffet
> table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots,
> leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.
>
> 2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. Like fine single-malt
> scotch, it's rare. In fact, it's even rarer than single-malt scotch.  You
> can't find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that
> it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn
> into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one
> for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!
>
> 3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of
> gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your
> mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.
>
> 4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or
> whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car
> with an automatic transmission.
>
> 5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control
> your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat
> other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?
>
> 6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's.
> You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do.  This is the
> time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table
> while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.
>
> 7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like
> frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position
> yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before
> becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes.
> If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.
>
> 8. Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or, if
> you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have
> three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?
>
> 9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory
> celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some
> standards.
>
> 10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or
> get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Reread all
> tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner.
>
> Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the
> grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
> preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
> [...]

=====

HL Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, 1998.