[Steppes] News from Rolf the Red !

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 16:09:57 PST 2004

Lord Jon is a member of the Order of the Oak of the Steppes.  He changed from
Lord Pierce O'Connor a few years ago.  Under that name, he received his AoA
from Patrick and Julia in 1990, a Sable Thistle for leatherworking from P&J in
1992, and a Sable Thistle for brewing from Mikael and Mikaela in 1995.  He has
also received some local baronial awards (acorn, grice track).  Um... also... I
am his wife.

Rolf the Red has a bit of history in the SCA itself.  I believe he has been
around since the "backyard party" was initiated at Berkeley.  His mom moved to
Denton, Texas, which brought him here.  I suggest checking Kingdoms of the West
and the East as well as Caid for further information on him.  Unless, of
course, others would like to share their "Rolf" stories from the past.  :)

HL Gabrielle Honoree de Saint Pierre

--- "D. Vandever" <hlannes at ev1.net> wrote:

> I just asked a really stupid question on another list....must be my night
> for it...
>
> Who is Jon Rolfsson?
>
> Sounds like Rolf the Red had some influence in the history of the area.
> Anybody have anything documented on the fellow?
> Annes
> Kingdom Historian
> Dear God,  Help me to be the person
> my dog thinks I am.  Amen

=====
“... his body curved in a graceful arc as he sank backwards through the ragged veil hanging from the arch ... the look of mingled fear and surprise on his ... wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil ...”  p. 886 (abridged).  "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London.