[Steppes] Archery Practice 04/10/2005

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 10 18:38:29 PDT 2005

Well, Lady Killdeer wasn't quite as upset today. She actually sat on the
nest for a lot of the time that we were at the range, but I'm not sure that
she lifted the curse. Conditions weren't great for shooting today, in fact,
they were abyssmal. The blinding mist (blinding, at least, for those of us
with glasses) ceased before we had the range set up, but the wind then
played havoc with us. Now we archers of the Steppes are used to shooting in
the wind, but this was a bit bizarre. First it would come out of the
southeast at about 10mph and then it would gust out of the west at 25 and
then the east at 5...it continued in this manner all morning. Variable was
hardly the word for it. It was virtually impossible to put two arrows in the
same location within the same end.

Our next practice will be in two weeks at 9 a.m. instead of 10. There will
be no practice next weekend as the equipment will be in Canton for Glaslyn's
Defender.

In Service,

Lady Lyneya de Grey
Archery Marshal