[Steppes] Greetings from your hospitaler

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 17:35:59 PDT 2005

Greetings from your local Hospitaler

The North Texas Irish Festival was a great demo for us with over 40 interested people signing up for information.  Awesome work to those that attended and worked our booth – too cool you all!   Thank you Bre'nain.

The Richland College demo today went well,  with several people showing up to help, including Siobhan nic Ghiolla Mhin (who arranged the demo), HL Guillame de Troyes, HL Isabeau Lallement, Galen of Innis Merith and myself.  Quite a few demonstrations were seen by the attendees, including inkle weaving, hand sewing, and Renaissance dance. Isabeau and Guillame danced wonderfully on stage for the crowd. Thanks Siobhan for putting such a great presentation together for the table.

If you wish to be contacted to help with demos and are not currently on the Steppes internet list (or know someone who would be interested), please contact Bre'nain or myself.

Donations of fabric and garb are now being accepted for our Baronial Garb Stash.  We are in need of larger sizes in both male and female clothing. The simplest garb of lighter weight fabric is best.  T-Tunics  rock since they can be worn by either guys or gals.

 I will be hosting a class, Sunday April 24th ,  for those of you who are new, in need of garb, and would like to learn how to hand sew your own T-Tunic. Hand sewing basics will be shown to all. Please let me know if you are interested in attending this class.  The class will start around noon at Mary Head Carter Park (weather permitting) in Carrollton.  This is the same place where our heavy fighter practice is held.  You will need to have your own supplies for this class, as well as a chair.  The supply list will be posted on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/allthingssteppesansteorra/?yguid=149037884 or you may reach me at 214-284-8855.

Yours in service

Lady Katheryn Cunningghame

(formerly Kathryn of Ayr)

Steppes Hospitaler