[Steppes] Mailing list status

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:48:35 PDT 2005

Love to give you some examples

1.  A gentleman was on his way to Gulf war, he was out earlier than most,
saw alot of traffic cops setting up for speeders.  He emailed this
information via  his phone, but sadly, it was the silly reply thing and went
to one individual, that individual didnt know it was not a solo message,
thus no one got the email.

2.  A new archer moved here from An Tir and wanted to get directions to
practice and to get in personal touch with the community, once again, reply
all wasn't a normal list option, and his information was lost.  Luckily he
met Michael Fray later on and found the community.

3.  I posted for a public workshop some time back for sewing, a newcomer
didnt get past the "guess what" and 6 weeks later she met me at fighter
practice.

These are just a few of the examples of the tons I have.  I have sat in
large groups of very annoyed people discussing the same types of things.

The list is to exist to help and serve the members of the barony.  It is
currently like a wagon with a square wheel, useable but not as fast or
functional as it could be.

The rest of the Ansteorran lists are all just hit reply and talk away, I am
on a good many of them.  Since we are pretty much an adult community on the
lists, with a few very mature teens, I think we can handle an occaisional
oops.

I for one find it a pain in the butt to have to use special commands for one
list, it would be a courtesy to those who find it annoying to please let us
police ourselves and be able to reply to a mesasge without being about to
hit enter and saying bleh, cutting and pasteing our letter to the Barony and
back tabbing to re-hit reply all.

It is about communication, the list that is.  Simple, easy, effective
communication for all, and this is just plain annoying :)

ie: 1 squre wheel.

Larissa