[Steppes] Mailing list status

Ronnie Hodges womrn at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:11:45 PDT 2005

>I appreciate the examples cited, and agree that they were problems.  That
>said, I was extremely tired of reading 10-15 "me too" posts and other
>things that should have gone privately rather than to the list.  I have a
>limited amount of time to read e-mail, and I appreciate that list traffic
>is down significantly. I used to spend quite a bit of time reading the
>first few posts in a thread, and then having to delete things that should
>have gone privately.  I am on several other, non-SCA related, lists and
>most of them work the way the Steppes list does currently.  When that
>change was made to the Socknitters' list, for example, traffic dropped from
>about 50 messages a day down to about 20.  Much more manageable for those
>of us with limited time.
>
>Just a "responsible" opposing viewpoint.

With which I agree.  It doesn't take a IT wizard to hit "Reply All" and be
attentive to the "To" line so the person who's message prompted you to write
doesn't get double-whammy'd.  It's way too easy to be lazy anymore.  I like
stimulating mental material.  This is a small one, but good practice.
Ride Well,
Ronnie.