[Steppes] Archery Practice 01/23/04

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 19:04:37 PST 2005

Greetings!

I am planning on having archery practice this Sunday morning at 10 as usual
at Eastfield College near the tennis courts. I am not promising to be awake
during the practice as I don't know what time my carpool and I will be
returning from Round Table. I am asking for people to wear garb appropriate
for shooting in for the next few weeks as we have someone wanting to do an
article about the SCA and SCA archery. I enclose part of his email.

[ I do have an interest in learning to build selfbows and would be
interested to learn more about the Bowyers and Fletchers Guild.

I am also a writer for www.bowhuntingnorthamerica.com and some of my
articles have been published in several bowhunting/outdoors publications. I
would like to do a story about the local SCA group and the connection to
archery for the BHNA website. I will also try to get it picked up by some
regional/national publications.

BTW, is period clothing worn during the archery practice? If not, do you
have some archery pics from one of your events that I may use for the
article which might help represent what SCA is all about? ]

As I do not have any pictures, he may want to take some of us 'at work.' The
weather is supposed to be good this weekend though a bit chilly again. Not
as chilly or windy as last weekend, though. I am sending this gentleman this
information as well. Should things change or I absolutely can't get there
Sunday morning, a cancellation notice will be posted as close to 8 a.m. as
my computer will let me.

Yours in Service,

Lady Linet Grey
Baronial Archery Marshal