[Steppes] SCA at renfaires

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 12:09:57 PST 2005

Aimee,

I have to agree.  Anything would be better than the Canton site.  I'm so sick
and tired of it.  Sorry, folks, I remember the days when we had private, more
medieval-looking sites when you could really get into your persona and not have
to worry about complaining mundanes.  Also, when the Canton site gets hot, it
really gets HOT !  Yes, the air-conditioned hall is nice, but I don't remember
ever getting as hot at other Warlords as I have at Canton.  I have heard that
it is basically like having an event in a parking lot because of all of the
reflective heat from the asphalt.  Ok, there are my two cents.

Gabrielle

--- L LeChatton <llechatton at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, its a reasonable idea. Especially since we hate the ever flooding
> Canton site. There is also another Ren-faire opening up around here. Let
> them know what our needs are, negotiate for a few weekends. It could be
> win-win.
>

> Lisa LeChatton
> Rockwall, Tx

=====
“... his body curved in a graceful arc as he sank backwards through the ragged veil hanging from the arch ... the look of mingled fear and surprise on his ... wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil ...”  p. 886 (abridged).  "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London.