[Steppes] 12th NIght fun

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 15:40:56 PST 2005

You're right, Ciard!  I didn't think the theme would work, but it was
beautiful!  The costuming and masks were great and the parade of the Valkyrie
(how many were there?) accompanied by voices and kazoos singing their "theme"
song, was something I'll never forget!

The Heralds were really the Court Jesters at this one, weren't they?!!  Very,
very funny!  All was great!  Way to go, Robin!  And the lauding of the peerage
ceremony that turned into an old fashioned revival with lots of Hallelujahs,
Amens, etc., was a hoot!!!  Best 12th Night I've attended in years!  So much
was happening at this one, I can't put it all in one email!

Anyone who has a particularly fine and/or funny remembrance of this 12th Night,
please share.  They may make it to the Steppes archives. ;)

Vivat the Stewards!

Gab
--- Ciard49 at aol.com wrote:

> I wanted to tell everyone how much fun I had at 12th Night.  The  folklore
> theme was inspired!
>
> Feast was wonderful!  Everyone seemed to be having a good time.  Decorations
> were lovely.
>
> Wow! Four glorious elevations!   One Warlord taken to  Valhalla.
>
> thanks everyone
>
> Valkyrie Brunhilde (Ciard)

=====
“... his body curved in a graceful arc as he sank backwards through the ragged veil hanging from the arch ... the look of mingled fear and surprise on his ... wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil ...”  p. 886 (abridged).  "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London.