[Steppes] Wednesday Sewing

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 05:43:52 PST 2005

Katya, Gerita,
Still working on mine.  When will they be handed over to the Crowns?  Please
let me now.  Um, fleur de lys...

K., I saw that program.  Cool.  Brings up some interesting questions as to what
they were truly referring to as the Graal.  Speaking of which, I just learned a
cool expression in French.  Je pleurais comme une Madeleine.  I was crying like
a Magdalene.  Interesting, non?  Anyway, has anyone read the fictional novel,
The DaVinci Code?  I want to read it.  Especially after seeing "National
Treasure" which is supposed to be on a similar premise.
Gab.

--- Karen Calhoun <kmcalhou at garlandisd.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the invite, but I find that when I'm with a group, I tend to talk
> instead of work....  I'm almost finished with my first game board.  I hope to
> have it done tonight.  It's my first attempt at blackwork, well actually,
> it's redwork, but it's the same concept.
>
> Is there anyone out there that has volunteered to assemble the kits once the
> embroidery part is done?  My brain is getting knotted up trying to figure out
> how to get it all together.
>
> How is everyone else doing on their board?  Any cool, quick ideas to help us
> along?  Any good movies on to listen to while we work?  I listened to "Behind
> the DaVinci Code" yesterday on the History channel and found it very
> enlightening; lots of history on the crusades and the Knights Templar.  James
> Bond is also a good one to listen to while working too.  (Sean Connery,
> ooh-la-la!)
>
> Katya

> Hi,
>
> Because we are upon the deadline for completing these games for February,
> Wednesday's sewing night has been pre-empted for working on games.  PLEASE
> come, and bring your sewing supplies, paints, whatever and help us get these
> done.
>
> In service,
>
> Gerita
>
> 6000 Grand Meadow Lane
>
> Flower Mound 972.355.6713

=====
“... his body curved in a graceful arc as he sank backwards through the ragged veil hanging from the arch ... the look of mingled fear and surprise on his ... wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil ...”  p. 886 (abridged).  "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London.