[Steppes] Bowyers and Fletchers guild

jspinks at ix.netcom.com jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 12 19:44:18 PDT 2005

Unto the populace and most particularly the archers of the Steppes.

Since the Lady Lyneya will be not be holding archery practice this Sunday July 15 we will instead hold a meeting of the bowyers and fletchers guild at the home of myself and HL Francesca Sansovino in Richardson.  Time- 9 am until noonish although you may arrive as early as 8 am.  Bring something for the grill for lunch.  Cold tea and water will be available as well as coffee.

Bring your projects great and small to work on or to simply show and tell.  Bring your fletching jigs and whatever you may need to work with.  If you need strings for your bows we will have those that can make a string or teach you how.  Same with bowmaking or arrowmaking or the making of armguards or other equipment.  Electricity is available so bring your dremel with sanding discs if you wish to make period arrows.  We will have a dip tube available if you need to dip arrowshafts.

If you are new to archery and want to make gear but are unsure what you need to bring- let me know what you wish to make ans we will see what we can arrange to have on hand.
Arcus Jaque the Spink
(please crosspost to other lists if you know of others with interest)

Directions
Make your best way to the junction of Coit and Arapaho.
Go one block east to Cottonwood and turn north (left)
Go about 2-3 blocks to 1130 N Cottonwood.  Park in front and we will be in the back yard and garage.