[Steppes] Demo this Saturday - Grand Prairie Library

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 13:42:23 PDT 2005

The Barony of the Steppes and the Canton of Lindenwood will be hosting a demo at the Elizabeth I exhibit at the Grand Prairie Library this Saturday. The Library is located at 901 Conover Drive, Grand Prairie, 75051.  Here is a link to the Elizabeth I info http://www.gptx.org/Library/ElizabethI.aspx .  If you go to the library main page off of this link, there is a link to a map.

Setup will begin at 9:30am
At 10 am, Don Llywelyn Gruffydd and Don Alric will display their Rapier skills.  A discussion will follow, and will probably adjourn to the indoors where it will be cooler.

 Here is the rough schedule...
10:00 - Rapier fighting outside
10:30 - Weapons and warfare - Llywelyn and Alaric
11:00 - Costumes and fashion - ****We need some folks in good period Elisabethan here.
Blackwork demo if there are interested parties....
11:30 - Dancing and/ or music - If no dancers, then Elizabethan music will be discussed.

This is a very relaxed format demo, so come join us if you would like.  We should be able to break in time to go to the Lindenwood A&S day duct-tape double class! :D

Call me if you have questions.

Lady Katheryn Cunningghame
Steppes Hospitaler
214-284-8855