[Steppes] Business meeting notes 3/1/05:

Steppes Seneschal steppes.seneschal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:02:35 PST 2005

Business meeting notes 3/1/05:

Meeting began at 7:30

Seven reports were turned in at the meeting: Treasurer, Chronicler,
Demo coordinator, MOAS and Hospitaler contacts from the web. I also
received waiver forms our Knights Marshal

Following are brief comments from the various speakers.

Chronicler Katya
Articles are due the 15th of the month.  Be sure to confirm the info
in your article.  In addition, she needs more articles for the Steppes
Letter.  The bids for her office close soon.  Only one formal bid has
been received.

MOAS Ciard O'Seachnasaigh
April Collegium at Rikende – glass bead making (in Irving)

Knights Marshall Hrafn Olafsson
Good turn out espically considering the rotten weather.  Lots of walk
by interest.  War Practice next Sunday (3-6-05)

NEW STEPPES CHIURGEON Ann the Spinster
No injuries during Feburary

Treasurer Elin the Timid
She reports that we have $8,503.76 in the bank

Demo coordinator Bre'nan
On April first we have 2 demos.  One at the SMU Medieval club
"Medieval Faire" (11:30 to 1:30) and another at the Prince of Peace
Community School (6:00 to 7:00 PM)

Warlord 2005 Autocrat Gerita del Mare
Prizes are wanted, Prizes are needed! Watch what you throw out.  Staff
help is needed in all areas.  Sign ups are available.  Expect an ad in
next month's Black Star.  The theme is "Strength, Honor, Beauty".  Her
staff meetings will take place at 7:30 PM in her home.  The date will
be announced later.  Her Warlord Intern Kaneki no Ryuto Akimitsu will
be introduced

In other business…

Status of historian's office - bids will close at March populace
meeting.  The kingdom historian and the B & B will be deciding on
this.  Since my wife is involved, I think it wise to stay out of this
one.

Status of Chronicler's office- only one formal bid has been received.
If you have only made an informal bid, please complete the necessary
paper work to make it official.

Status of V scribe's office – again, only one formal bid has been
received. If you have only made an informal bid, please complete the
necessary paper work to make it official.

Bids are currently open for Steppes Artisan (first week of Aug)

Bids are currently open for Fall Court

Isobel wanted us to make note of the Viking, NON-SCA event in Waco as
seen in the March Black Star, (page 22) on April 23-24th.

The baron closed with comments suggesting we stop using from the
phrases "mundane" and "medieval", using instead "modern" and
"middle–ages".  I agree.  He also addressed the problem of people not
recruiting assistants for tasks like Warlord.  This mirrors my request
for each officer to recruit and train a deputy to help out.

Meeting officially closed at 8:45.

Thanks to all the officers present.  Face to face meetings really help
get the work done.

--
Jon Rolfsson
Steppes Seneschal